Other improvements cited for Fable 3 Nagareyama, which was released December 4, include:
- The compiler is no longer tightly coupled with a specific bundler like Webpack, enabling it to be used with any bundling tool developers want to use.
- Plug-ins can be accepted from library authors.
- Fable is now a .NET tool.
- No breaking changes. Fable 2 projects should compile as is.
- Generated code is more readable and easier to debug.
The builders of the Fable tool note that the upgrade is probably not bug-free. But release candidates have been tested in many projects and all outstanding issues have been fixed. Instructions on using Fable can be found at fable.io.
Copyright © 2020 IDG Communications, Inc.