Flashback Friday: How about a shark?
This pilot fish makes sure that PostScript printers in remote offices are working correctly by sending a test image to them periodically. Just to be sure everyone at the remote offices can tell this is not a usual print job, they use a picture of a cat, says fish.
After running one test, fish is delayed in calling the remote office to ask if the cat picture printed properly. No, says the user, that test print isn’t here.
Says fish: “We were all set to do full checks on the printer and everything when somebody in the remote office confessed that she had taken the picture — for her kids to color in at home.
“I think we may have to work out a different test print.”
Copyright © 2020 IDG Communications, Inc.
- Taking on the perfect storm in cybersecurity
- AT&T’s Q2 wireless adds hit by COVID-19
- The creator of Inbox is ready to save Google from itself
- Dear Sophie: How should I prepare for a green card interview?
- Windows 10: This new update for versions 1909 and 1903 fixes Excel, File Explorer bugs and more
- Wayback Wednesday: Survival of the fittest, hardware division