Flashback Friday: Just wondering
Stymied by a fiber line that’s overloaded with traffic from just too many users, this pilot fish finally gets approval to trench and pull new cable.
“The day we changed the line from 100 Mbit/sec to 1 GB/sec, I confirmed with our clerks their increased speed and functionality.”
The clerks tell fish that they had timed a save with a stopwatch that took a minute and a half. So they try that save now and find it to takes about three seconds.
But, says fish, “Immediately one turned to me and said, ‘Can you make it faster?’”
Copyright © 2020 IDG Communications, Inc.
- This Week in Apps: Unreal Engine saved, Fortnite banned and TikTok talks to everyone
- Enterprise architecture has been quietly eating away at the silos
- Why Crestron has a place in a Zoom and Teams world
- Laura Deming, Frederik Groce, Amish Jani, Jessica Verilli, and Vanessa Larco are coming to Disrupt
- Best home security systems in 2020: Ring, Nest, SimpliSafe, Abode, and more
- How to make Spotlight work for you